Monday, July 10, 2006

Guess where I went this weekend? Here's a clue:



Had beautiful weather for the weekend too. It's kinda surreal going to a place like that that you've seen on tv all your life. It was an absolutely stunning city with cobblestones everywhere, beautiful architecture and of course the iconic landmarks. Went down the main drag that i keep forgetting what its called and went to heaps of shops but didn't buy anything because it was all about 300% more expensive than anywhere else. Apparently there aren't any road rules in Paris either. The roundabout with the Arc De Triomphe in it is just a massive free for all with cars and motorbikes going in all directions. I was supprised that we survived actually. I took a video of it from inside the car (not driving) and we nearly rear ended a DB9.
The whole weekend cost me 70 euro because I drove down with 7 other people. I drove on the Autobahn too. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the vehicle was a turbo Diesel Ford Galaxy. Top speed I discovered, down hill with a tailwind, aircon turned off and all the windows wound up was 150km/h. It was the most gutless car ever made. It may sound far fetched but I swear theres no word of a lie, I spent the first hour driving that thing with the foot to the floor. Up hill the top speed is 70km/h. still it was fun on the downhill sections. And it was on the right hand side of the road. Wierd experience. At first when i got in the car i was just completely put off by the huge amount of space on my right. You get used to it after about half an hour though.
And here's some more pics:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

cheers dude, no, for some reason people tend to say morgen, wie gehts here instead but I really do appreciate you saying that. jetzt ich habe heimweh. I miss u 2 sexy but i cant actually recall u beating me at poker. maybe the memory is fading. we can settle this when i get home anyway.

1:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home